Would it be possible to discuss all the reasons why we thought IMTS 2022 would fail?
1. Since its cancellation in 2020, has it been doomed to fail?
2. What is the likelihood that Chicago’s crime will make it a bust?
3. As there is a worker shortage and people couldn’t leave the shop, would it be a flop?
4. Could it have been that people were just too busy to attend?
5. Due to the decline in trade show attendance over the years, would it be a bust?
Hi I am A.J. Schweda, Co-owner of Premier Machine Tool Midwest. In spite of attending IMTS every year since 1986, this year’s show seemed completely different after the pandemic.
Although attendance was down, it was evident that there was an excited energy among attendees and exhibitors.